2124/2248
Home /

Weirs of Baggot St Brochure - 2004

Weirs of Baggot St Brochure - 2004.jpg Weirs of Baggot St Brochure - 2004 (3)ThumbnailsWeirs of Baggot St-First Sunday A.M. Mtg  Weirs of Baggot St Brochure - 2004 (3)ThumbnailsWeirs of Baggot St-First Sunday A.M. Mtg  Weirs of Baggot St Brochure - 2004 (3)ThumbnailsWeirs of Baggot St-First Sunday A.M. Mtg

INVITATIONThe Management and staff have great pleasure in invitingy ou to visit Weirs of Baggot Street. Ironmongers since 1885.
21 Upper Baggot Street, Dublin
4. Phone: (01) 6685229; Fax: (01) 6680489; EMail: curust@iol.

For over one hundred years Weirs has served the people of Dublin.

The present-day product range far exceeds the original ironmongery and sanitary ware with which William Weir opened for business in 1885.
While ironmongery, locks and key cutting are still at the core of the business, Weirs now offers the very best in giftware, candles, cut glass, electrical, cookery and those gadgets for the kitchen and house that make a visit to the store such an adventure.

At three thousand square feet Weirs of Baggot Street is amongst the largest hardware stores in the country. Naturally Irish-made goods are given priority in display and Weirs has a policy of seeking out the many smaller home manufacturers whose products are less well known and who depend for their success on the excellence of their products and their value for money.Weirs is still in the same Georgian building in which William Weir opened for business. The facade newly restored in 1998 to its original appearance represents with its elegant hand-made russet-red bricks the last flowering of the Georgian style for which Dublin is world-renowned. The sales floor itself is brightly laid out for easy shopping and for that most pleasurable of experiences - browsing.

1791 Richard Lord, Viscount Fitzwilliam, grants building lease to Thomas Carroll Esq.
1885 Mr. William Weir opened as 'William Weir, Ironmonger and Sanitary Engineer'.
1900 William Weir joined by his son, William, to form 'William Weir & Son'.
1956 William Weir Jr. died. Shop closed.
1957 Shop converted into supermarket by D.E. Williams & Co., whiskey distillers of Tullamore.
1977 Premises purchased by Curust Industries Ltd. and reopened as 'Weirs of Baggot Street'. The opening ceremony was preformed by Mrs. Catherine Weir, widow of William Weir.
1998 Shop refurbished and extended, the facade cleaned, repaired and restored to original. Facade floodlit at night.

WEIRS HAS TO OFFER....
* Locksmiths, key cutting car keys a speciality. Household locks, padlocks, cycle and motorcycle locks and chains.
* Everything for DIY. Ironuongery, tools, abrasives, woodcare products, stains and waxes.
* Paints, over 1700 different colours and shades, paint brushes and all paint sundries.
* Electrical adaptors including foreign adaptors. Batteries, light bulbs and plugs, electric cables, switches.
* Kitchenware, cutlery, delph, china, pots and pans, Glassware, plastics. Tea towels, dusters mops, disinfectants, cleaners and polishes.
* Garden tools, seeds, fertilizers, weed killers and insecticides.
* Fully stocked with everything for pets.
* Gift ware, cut glass, ornaments and antique copperware.
* Best range of candles in Dublin.
* Teddybears a speciality.

Dimensions
2131*1908
File
Weirs of Baggot St Brochure - 2004.jpg
Filesize
2043 KB