Rev. April 3, 2019
Just click on the Questions below for the Answers
Who was William Irvine? Whom do men say that I am? (Mark 8:27)
What was in the Newspapers about William Irvine?
Where Did Wm. Irvine Get the Idea to Start the 2x2 Ministry?
What is Truth?
What are the 2x2 Rules?
What do the 2x2s Believe? (Fact Sheet)
There are many more Questions Answered on The Liberty Connection Website
Prepared by some workers, the following questions are, more or less, common ones that people of various persuasions--or none at all--ask friends and workers about their faith and practices. It was hoped the questions would stimulate people to search the scriptures to sort out the difference between clear scriptural teaching and individual preference or tradition; to get some personal answers for themselves, as well as preparing them to talk more intelligently with others, rather than responding with, "I'll have to ask the workers about that." Some questions may have some very obvious scriptural answers, while others are more a matter of individual outlook. The questions were deliberately worded in a manner that might be asked by people unfamiliar with the 2x2 fellowship. No answers were provided, as that would defeat the purpose of the exercise.
This sheet lists a number of questions you may be asked by people curious about your faith. In the interest of always being prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have (1 Peter 3:15), it may be helpful for you to be meditating, studying, and praying about these questions. You will get more benefit out of answering these questions if you write a paragraph to answer each one, including a number of scripture references. Since the answer to each question depends on personal conviction, and each individual must come to that conviction before God, please do not make copies of your own answers to pass around to others. We will certainly be glad to discuss your answers with you, if you wish to do so.
1. What is the name of your church/religion/faith?
2. What does it mean to be "saved"?
3. Are you saved? Explain why you feel that you are or are not.
4. If your answer to the above question is yes, how did you get saved? If your answer is no, do you know how you can be saved?
5. If a person is once saved, can they ever lose their salvation? Explain why or why not.
6. How many ways are there to be saved?
7. What does it mean to be saved by grace? Do you believe in being saved by grace or by works?
8. Do you think that people in your church/religion/faith are the only ones that are saved? Why or why not?
9. How do you know that God exists?
10. If God really does exist, why is there so much suffering in the world?
11. How do you know that the Bible is true?
12. What version of the Bible should we read? Is it okay to read other Bibles besides the King James Version?
13. What's the difference between the Old Testament and the New Testament? Which one should we read?
14. Do you keep the Ten Commandments?
15. Who is Jesus?
16. Is Jesus God? Explain what you mean.
17. Why is it so important to know about Jesus? Wasn't He just one of many good teachers?
18. What happens to people in places where they've never read the Bible or heard of Jesus?
19. Who (or what) is the Holy Spirit?
20. Is it more correct to refer to the Holy Spirit as "He" or "it"? Why?
21. What do you believe about the Trinity?
22. What is sin?
23. Is there really such a place as heaven and hell?
24. If God were really good, why would He make people go to hell?
25. What does it mean to be born again?
26. What is baptism all about?
27. Is it right to baptize by sprinkling or pouring? Why or why not?
28. Is it right to baptize infants and children? Why or why not?
29. Can you be saved without being baptized? Why or why not?
30. What do you mean by passing around bread and grape juice in your meetings on Sunday mornings?
31. Why do some people take the bread and grape juice and others don't?
32. Doesn't it say in the Bible that you're supposed to use wine? Why do you use grape juice?
33. Is Sunday more special than other days? Why or why not?
34. Are there rules about what you can and can't do on Sunday?
35. When did the Sabbath get changed from Saturday to Sunday?
36. Do you believe in divine healing? Why or why not?
37. Do you believe in speaking in tongues? Why or why not?
38. Is it right to receive blood transfusions? Why or why not?
39. Do you have to keep a certain diet (i.e., not eating meat or other things) in order to please God? Why or why not?
40. Why are people supposed to get married?
41. Is it okay to get a divorce?
42. Can people who get divorced and remarried be saved?
43. How does God feel about abortion?
44. What do you believe about the rapture/the Lord's return?
45. Why do men in your church have short hair?
46. Why do women in your church have long hair?
47. Why do you dress the way you do?
48. Why are there so many religions in the world?
49. When/where/how did your church start? Who started it?
50. What makes your church/religion/faith different from others?
51. Why do you belong to the church/religion/faith you belong to?
52. Why don't you build church buildings?
53. Why does your church have some meetings in homes and other meetings in public buildings?
54. Why don't your preachers have their own houses?
55. How do your preachers get paid? Why don't they have a salary?
56. Is it necessary to tithe? Why or why not?
57. Why do your preachers usually go two together?
58. Can your preachers get married? Why or why not?
59. Why do you have women preachers?
60. Why do women speak in your meetings when the Bible says women should keep silent?